Thursday, February 03, 2005

OK, so I'm going to try this again

1) I'm a nerd.

Yes, we've all known this for some time. But recently I bought a PDA (an HP pocketPC to be precise). I selected a model with wireless internet. Now, with stylus in hand, I write email, surf, and blog. I installed AvantGo, which archives websites so that I can read them at my leisure. The New york Times, the Onion, Health News digest, etc. I even recently added ABJ and Leavy's blogs. Yes, this morning on the subway I was pleasantly surprised to find that young ABJ had also caught Barbara Boxer schooling Condoleeza on C-SPAN. (why were we both watching C-SPAN? See point 1 above). Anyway, the point is, my love-affair with this beautiful little device is going strong. Yes, I have the Windows Mobile version of Age of Empires...

2) I have touched another man's prostate.

In the stark light of a urology office after hours several weeks ago, I learned the proper method to 'palpate' (medicalese for feel) inguinal hernias, testicular torsions, syphilitic ulcers, and prostate tumors. Yes, gloves and extensive handwashing were involved. No, candlelight was not used to 'set the mood'. Yes, I feel dirty. Now, let us never speak of this again.

In two weeks, OB/GYN. Ah, the traumas of med school...

1 Comments:

Blogger aaron said...

Hope you at least bought prostate man dinner.

Age of Empires is fun. I miss that.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home